multitail features

 knwo it's outside of the general concept/purpose for multitail, but i
can't help thinking it would be great if it could automatically
truncate logs (and leave a configurable number of lines left)

i wrote a ruby program a while ago that lets me monitor logs using
numerous different methods although it doesn't do the colours.

it created a log of activities itself, which i tailed via 'most'. of
course i tail that file using multitail now...

it would be nice to eliminate my ruby program altogether. i realize
that multitail wouldn't have all the archiving/truncating  type
features the ruby had, still it would be nice to eliminate it.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~tsummerfelt1
telnet://ventedspleen.dyndns.org