Re: [multitail] released development release 3.9.15 of multitail

 I already have v3.9.15 installed on machines.

 Aside from doing recompiles and md5/sha1 sums on executables, how
 do I know which v3.9.15 is deployed?  Or perhaps I am misunderstanding
 your versioning protocol?

 I am more accustomed to having single release with a particular
 version number and then a different release would have a different
 version number.  Back in the early '90s Digital Research released
 two versions of DR-DOS (an MS-DOS competitor).  Unfortunately,
 *both* versions were labeled v5.0 though only one of them worked
 correctly with regard to networking.  It was very difficult to
 track down problems ("which version are you using?" ceased to be
 useful).

 'multitail -V' is convenient though not as convenient if it says
 3.9.15 for different versions.  I also embed tags in my files so,
 for example (since I use rcs locally) I can do an 'ident program'
 and see the versions of all the modules which were used.

~M