Re: [multitail] new features? bugs? anything?

Folkert van Heusden wrote:

> Are there any new features requested? Or bugs to fix?

A feature request:

I'd like to be able to store all the exclusion strings either in the
configuration file (associated to their corresponding log) or somewhere else so
that I don't have to write them all in the command line.

For instance, instead of using this:

multitail -D -f -ev "Eicar" /var/log/messages -ev "Start queue" -ev "End queue"
-I /var/log/exim/exim_main.log -ev "received new hosts" -ev "purging_hosts" -I
/var/log/denyhosts

I would like to specify:

- For Clamav's log
  exclude lines with "Eicar"
- for exim's log
  exclude lines with "Start queue"
  exclude lines with "End queue"
- for DenyHosts' log
  exclude lines with "received new hosts"
  exclude lines with "purging hosts"

It would make things easier to use... so I can put more exclusion strings in
there ;-)
--
René Berber