multitail repeated command?

I've recently started using multitail-5.2.6, and there is something
I don't quite understand.   I'm not sure if it's a bug, or if I
just don't understand how things are supposed to work...

If I use a command like this

	multitail -rc 2 -l date

I would expect the screen to be cleared before each command so that
there is always just one date line at the top of screen.   Instead
I see multiple dates scrolling down the screen.  In other words,
I see no difference between "-r 5" and "-rc 5".  Is that correct?

Any insights are welcome!

--
Peter Fales
Alcatel-Lucent