Re: [multitail] multitail -c unreadable colors

Thank you René. All the color settings appear to control how keywords and patterns are colored. But I'm interested in controlling the allowed combinations (foreground and background) of colors when using the -c option.

This config variable looked promising but I don't notice any effect when I set it:

bright:(0)
bright:0
bright: 0

Am I missing the point?

It looks like multitail -ts /some/file will serve my needs well enough anyway.

David Winiecki

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 11:02 AM, René Berber <rberber@cactus-soft.org> wrote:
On 8/21/2014 11:45 AM, David Winiecki wrote:

> When I use multitail -c /some/log, the colors used on some lines are
> very difficult to read. For example, see the green arrows in this
> screenshot:
>
> http://screencast.com/t/dRW4rA3ZFcd
>
> Also, some lines are the same color as the line before. See the red
> arrows in that screenshot.
>
> Is there some way I can fix either of these problems?

There are many ways, one is general, and there is the option to
customize for a single log, or "color scheme".

The file /etc/multitail.conf has all the settings, and comments
documenting just about everything (the real documentation is actually
the man page).
--
René Berber